Patient Rights and Responsibilities
We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Kumar Medical Centre Health care team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation.
Our responsibilities to you:
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have the right to confidentiality.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to limitations of the law.
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be referred to a consultant when the GP thinks it is necessary/appropriate.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation when available on request or at your next appointment
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request.
- Your suggestions and comments about the service offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
- Changes to procedure: when changes are introduced to practice procedures that affect patients, we will ensure that these are clearly explained by contacting you individually via letter or via a general notice that will be displayed on the notice board in the waiting room.
With these rights, come responsibilities and for the patient this means:
- Courtesy to the surgery staff is requested at all times- everyone is here to help you and is doing their best.
- We request that you attend appointments on time or give the practice adequate notice if you wish to cancel. By cancelling an appointment with sufficient notice, you will be helping someone else.
- An appointment is for one person only – where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, please book another appointment.
- Patients should make every effort when consulting the practice to make best use of nursing and medical time. Home visits should be medically justifiable and not requested for social convenience.
- Please do not ask for information for anyone other than yourself.
- Please tell us of any change of name/address or telephone so that are records are accurate and up-to-date.
- When patients are asked to give 48 hours notice for repeat prescriptions, please give us this time to process your prescription as this allow for accurate prescribing.
- Please attend for your medication reviews and annual checks when requested.
- Please let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility towards you. Of course, we are always happy to also receive any positive feedback or comments from you.